The CCPA provides consumers (California residents) with specific rights regarding their personal information. This section describes rights you may have under the CCPA and explains how to exercise those rights.Access to Specific Information and Data Portability RightsIf your personal information is subject to the CCPA, you have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will disclose to you:- The categories of personal information we collected about you.- The categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you.- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that personal information.- The categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information.- The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you (also called a data portability request).- If we sold or disclosed your personal information for a business purpose, two separate lists:
- sales, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient purchased; and
- disclosures for a business purpose, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
Opt-Out RightsIf your personal information is subject to the CCPA, you have the right to request that UNIQLO not “sell” your personal information to third parties. Sale here has the same meaning as under the CCPA and includes selling, renting, releasing, disclosing, disseminating, making available, transferring or otherwise communicating personal information. This is known as the right to “opt out” of the sale of your personal information. You can exercise your opt-out right by emailing us through our Contact Us page at https://faq-us.uniqlo.com/uquscontactus/; selecting Inquiry Category 1: California Consumer Privacy Act Inquiry, Inquiry Category 2: Do Not Sell My Information. Please be sure to provide us with your full name, email, phone number, and details request.Deletion Request Rights If your personal information is subject to the CCPA, you have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request and determine that no exception applies, we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal information from our records.We are not required to comply with deletion requests if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service providers to:
1. Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion RightsTo exercise the access, data portability, and deletion rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by emailing us through our Contact Us page at https://faq-us.uniqlo.com/uquscontactus/; selecting Inquiry Category 1: California Consumer Privacy Act Inquiry, Inquiry Category 2: Request to Remove My Information. Please be sure to provide us with your full name, email, phone number, and details request.Only you or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child.You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period. The verifiable consumer request must:
2. Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
3. Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
4. Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
5. Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 seq.).
6. Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information's deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research's achievement, if you previously provided informed consent.
7. Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
8. Comply with a legal obligation.
9. Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative.
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it. We cannot respond to your request if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you. Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us. We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor's identity or authority to make the request.
Response Timing and FormatWe endeavor to respond to a verifiable consumer request within 45 days of its receipt. If we require more time, we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing. If you have an account with us, we will deliver our written response to that account. If you do not have an account with us, we will deliver our written response by mail or electronically, at your option. Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding the date we receive your verifiable consumer request. If we cannot comply with a request, tour response will explain the reasons. We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.Non-Discrimination If your personal information is subject to the CCPA, you have the right not to be discriminated against for exercising any of your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, we will not:
- Deny you goods or services.
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
California Do Not Track DisclosureDo Not Track is a privacy preference that users can set in their web browsers. When a user turns on the Do Not Track signal, the browser sends a message to websites requesting them not to track the user. For information about Do Not Track, visit www.allaboutdnt.org. At this time, UNIQLO does not respond to Do Not Track browser settings or signals.Changes to Our Privacy NoticeWe reserve the right to amend this privacy notice at our discretion and at any time. When we make changes to this privacy notice, we will notify you by email or through a notice on our website homepage.Contact InformationIf you have any questions or comments about this notice, our Privacy Statement, the ways in which we collect and use your personal information, your choices and rights regarding such use, or wish to exercise your rights under California law, please do not hesitate to contact us at:Website: UNIQLO.com
Contact Us at https://faq-us.uniqlo.com/uquscontactus/Postal Address: UNIQLO USA LLC, Data Protection
88 Crosby Street
New York, NY 10012
Last Updated: January 1, 2020